Perched atop a rise in the Squibnocket area of Chilmark, this property has three distinct views that serve as focal points from the house and the landscape. Weathered granite in warm brown and grey tones were used throughout and were carefully selected to compliment the architecture. The arrival and parking area is situated a full story below the main level of the house, allowing the visitor to move up and through a hillside garden planted with fountain grasses and perennials in shades of blue, purple and yellow. A walkway of massive fieldstone pavers set in lawn meanders to the front entry and over to the lap pool, which projects out into the landscape as the hillside falls away towards Menemsha Pond.
- Architect: Hutker Architects, Vineyard Haven, MA
- Builder: Johnson Vineyard Bldr, Vineyard Haven, MA
- Landscape Contractor: Landscope, Edgartown, MA
- Boston Globe Magazine // 2009
- Cape Cod Home // 2010
- Martha's Vineyard Magazine // 2011
- Ocean Home Magazine // January – February 2012